Reston, Virginia

My mom is elderly and has a bad habit of sending donations to organizations and purchasing form mail order catalogs.

I have warned her against giving out her debit card number but she has done it anyway. This week Destiny Research Center has taken $60 from her checking account.

I asked her what she was to recieve from this company, she said, books, magazines and information about her future.

My mom is in the hospital after breaking her hip and her femur in the same leg. I am concerned that this company is a scam and they may continue to steal from her.

Kathryn Jones, daughter of

Colleen Sturdevant

Yukon, OK

Review about: Literature.

Review #195560 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Maria Duval?

Comments

To Kathryn:

I have to agree with the response. Your mom did give out the info. I hate that she broke her hip and wish her well, but she needs to NEVER give anyone her debit card info (or other info for that matter).

hgvc,gckgc

So, you haven't actually been scammed by them?Your mother gave them her account information, so that's on her.

Now, if they were to refuse to send her the items she paid for, or kept debiting her account without permission, then it would be different.

But the company hasn't done anything wrong, so you really shouldn't have jumped to writing on PC so quickly.Wait and see if they actually scam your mother, don't write here just because you assume they will.